Friday, November 7, 2008

Spellbound

I can't believe it been almost a year since I've written on the blog. I get so into my work, so spellbound by it, that I sometimes get lost in other aspects of my life. It's kinda like a moth to a flame. It has took a big toll on my social life. but i feel some sacrifices are justified and in the long run i hope the outcome is positive.
This week i ran into my dreaded plateau trying to work on a overture too a opera I've started to write called "La poupée russe" (Which I'll be posting drafts of my sypnosis if anyone interested.) Which bring to me to an interesting Vlog i saw on You Tube by a local singer/Actress called Alecia Batson, at some point in the Vlog she goes on to talk about artist and there plateau. How you can get bursts of creativity then go through a fall/ plateau just the same. This is so true, i myself since the last time i wrote on this blog have been writing a fair amount, compare to what I've been doing as of late. Alecia is so right. In my opinion, artist's are different breed of person. Depending on the artist they can be empathic,eccentric, moody,sensitive and passionate as well as emotionally unstable. i know and read many accounts of artists who get in a creative/emotional funk for months/years, then all of a sudden get this burst of creativity, like a phoenix raising from the flames, then go back to being in that creativity/emotionally funk. it's a pattern i've seen and experiences in many artists including myself. Which make me understand how Fucked up i can be,and how i sometimes can't relate to society or some people.
Which bring me back to this opera i'm writing.I just can't seem to get my ideas on the page, and with the other stresses in my life suchas work, school, lovelife (or lack there of one) this doesnt make writing any easier. I'm hoping writing this well gives a clear sense of how, maybe even a little hope as too how one can tame his muse. But you know the saying the hardest part of writing is sitting and doing it.
Cheers,
Joe

No comments: