Thursday, January 3, 2008

taking comfort in the warmth

it's about 2 degrees in boston, about 0 or -6 with the wind chill, and i sit my cozy comfortable bed, fireplace blazing. I cannot help but to think of the people less fortunate then me, out stuck in the frigid cold. The one who do not have a home, living on the streets, no place to go. The poor children whos have to live out of there families car, or have to heat there houses with there stoves. How sadly it is that we as a society do not do more to help the people less fortunate to us. How we take for grated the things we have in life, never content and thankful or what we have, always wanting more. trying to keep ahead with the rat race. well i myself i love this weather i'm a cold miser, i enjoy sit out in this weather thinking and writing, and drinking my scotch,or vodka. so i know how cold one can get in this weather. the only difference is i can go into my warm home and hearth. and for that i'm truely thankful
cheers,
Joe

No comments: